I was born and raised in Cape Town, South Africa, and moved to England in 1995. I originally studied textile design, and worked for some years in the fashion industry. During that time, I went through a period of multiple addictions and eating disorders. It was through seeking therapeutic help that I discovered both the path to a new, clean, positive life and a passion to help others as I have been helped.
I have a Masters Degree and Advanced Degree in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling, and work in private practice as an Integrative Clinical Psychotherapist and Counsellor in North London and Hertfordshire. I have extensive experience supporting individuals and couples with a wide range of issues.
I work within psychodynamic, person-centred parameters with a grounding in existentialism, and I am also trained in CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) and REBT (Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy), along with Prolonged Exposure Therapy for high trauma and PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
I am currently working alongside Andrea Scherzer to create Square Pegs Psychotherapy Ltd., a collective of psychotherapists and counsellors sharing a wide range of experience and expertise. I am also the Founder and Director of the Centre for Male Mental Health, an initiative that focuses on those areas that we find difficult to talk about from a male perspective, such as sexual abuse, eating disorders, sexual dysfunction, gender issues, shame, anxiety and depression.
- BUPA Approved Psychotherapist.
- UKCP accredited psychotherapist and BACP registered, NCS registered.
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, School of Psychotherapy and Counselling, RSPP, Regent’s University London.
- MA in Integrative Psychotherapy & Counselling, School of Psychotherapy & Counselling, RSPP, Regent’s University London.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Prolonged Exposure Therapy, The University of Central London.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, College for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Relational Behaviour Therapy, College for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- Certificate in Integrative Counselling, SPCP, Regent’s University London.
- Senior Certificate in Life Coaching and Mentoring, Landmark Worldwide LLC.